Sunday, March 28, 2010

Passover 2010

I began my passover cooking tonight for tomorrow night's Seder.

I started attempting making matzo balls from scratch. They seemed to be fine till I cut one in half to taste. My whole life my dad has made jokes about "matzo bombers" but until now I didnt quite know what he meant. The centers were so dense that they could not possibly float. It was terrible. I made a second batch to much more success. (no pictures)

I then made a cappucino/chocolate/cognac roulad. Its one of my favorites.

The leftover cappucino whipped cream was a great dessert with strawberries

I will make more tomorrow, but my final dish for the night was chocolate chip meringue cookies. The first instruction to making these cookies is Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and then turn it off. So for the next 12 hours the cookies are hanging out in my pre heated oven. Cant wait for morning when they are ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment